Standon Calling is looking for a Marketing & Event Manager to join our London office as part of a small team in the lead up to the 2019 festival, taking place 25-28 July, and during the festival on site.
You’ll report to the Festival Director to deliver the overarching 2019 marketing campaign. You’ll have responsibility for the coordination, creation and output of content across festival channels and in collaboration with festival partners and third partners.
- Own budget and overarching marketing strategy for 2019 campaign
- Manage digital marketing output across Standon Calling channels, often in conjunction with various third parties including digital agencies, PR lead, website developers, graphic designers etc.
- Coordinate print and out of home advertising with external agencies
- Create impactful announcement activity, working closely with the Ticketing Manager and Ticket Agents
- Own website content and layout, utilising UX best practice knowledge (WordPress)
- Maintain and grow audience database and segmentation to create targeted mailer content with a strong understanding of the GDPR
- Lead local and regional marketing activity to maximise sales
- Drive creation of festival app, printed programme and merchandise range
- Work closely with Creative and Production teams to deliver the expected customer experience
- Liaise with advisors on marketing legal requirements
- Collaborate with freelance ancillary activity producers to deliver the on-site Wellbeing Area and Restaurant.
- Manage social media, photographers, videographers, the PR team and other marketing contractors on site during the festival
- Attend key on site meetings and support accordingly, including crisis comms management
- Support Festival Director when necessary with ad hoc tasks
- Potential for management of junior office staff
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Would most suit someone with…
- 2 years + relevant experience in a similar role
- A higher education qualification in English, Arts / Events Management or Marketing
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for branded and creative content delivery
- Entrepreneurial and commercially-minded process experience
- Knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp
- An interest in music, festivals and the arts
Full Time Freelance Role | Day rate dependent on experience
Start: Feb 2019 / End: August 2019
With on-site requirement throughout period: 22-29 July 2019
Please supply your CV along with a one page cover letter detailing why you would suit this role and why it’s the next step in your career.