As a boutique festival, located in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside, we’re always working hard to protect mother nature and trying to pave the way for other events to become more sustainable.

We have many ongoing green initiatives to make Standon Calling as green as possible, but we need your support.

Take a look below and see if you can do your bit – see you in the field!

Say no to single use tents!

We’re encouraging you to #TakeYourTentHome in partnership with AIF’s Tent Campaign.

We are happy to be supporting the campaign that has issued a call to retailers to stop marketing and selling ‘festival tents’ as single-use items, which results in almost 900 tonnes of plastic waste every year.


Camplight are back with their mission to provide affordable camping solutions and cut down on Festival waste.

Available in General and Family Camping, as well as Lavish Lands, you can order a pre-pitched tent  from as little as £10 per night, meaning you don’t have to carry, pitch and pack down your tent. They also have air mattresses and sleeping bags – winning!

Camplight was set up as part of the solution to festival campsite waste. Professional tent fixer and restorers, they provide safer, cleaner, greener and better campsites.


We have committed to being a single-use plastic free festival by 2021. We have been working hard with our suppliers, traders and production teams to ensure we hit this target, but we need your support too.

One simple thing you can do is to bring your own reusable water bottle. We have invested in an increased number of water points throughout our campsites and in the festival arena. From 2020 we will not be selling soft drinks, including water, in plastic bottles.


REUSABLE CUPS & PACKAGING

Standon regulars know this will be our 7th year of using reusable cups at the festival. Not only significantly reducing the waste at our bars, they also look pretty great!

All of our food traders now use fully compostable packaging and cutlery.


GREEN VOLUNTEERS

We need you to help promote green festival life at Standon Calling.

In 2019 we created a volunteer task force to help our campsites increase recycling, cut down on waste and reduce litter and campsite equipment left behind.

Click here to apply as a volunteer for Standon Caling 2020


GREENBOX

We are continuing to use GreenBox recycling who ensure that nothing is sent to landfill that can’t be reused – they recycle 90% of the festival waste collected and the other 10% is sent to local companies who place non-recyclables into an energy-from-waste facility, resulting in your festival waste being used to generate electricity.

Share Article

Buy Tickets